Fly wiith the reassurance of over 34 years flying over Canberra. Each and every Balloon Aloft flight is conducted under the strict guidelines of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. All members of our flight team have hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of flight experience and Balloon Aloft Canberra has a 100% safety record.
In response to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis Balloon Aloft has introduced some new practices to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- All Balloon Aloft team members have undertaken COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Balloon Aloft will be abiding by ACT Government regulations in relations to transportation/outdoor gatherings and will limit capacity of balloons accordingly, where required.
- We ask that, when not in the balloon, you abide by physical distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres
- Balloon Aloft is undertaking regular cleaning of all touch points and equipment
- Balloon Aloft staff have downloaded the COVIDsafe app to ensure that contact tracing is possible.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available to you upon arrival as well as entering and exiting our vehicles.
- It is currently optional to wear masks for an outdoor experience in Canberra. We have masks available if you choose.
- Should the ACT Government make masks compulsory we will have them available on the morning and ask our passengers to wear them. Please bring your medical exemption with you if you have one.
- All participant names and contact details will be collected for contact tracing purposes.
Should you feel unwell in the days before your flight please contact our office by phoning 02 6249 8660 and talk to our staff about postponing your flight.
On the morning of the flight passengers will have their temperature taken prior to the flight check-in and will be required to complete a Passenger Registration and release form, which includes a COVID-19 Health Declaration.
Passengers who have a temperature of 37.5°C or higher or who answer yes to any of the following questions will not be able to fly.
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms currently?
Fever, Coughing, Sore throat, Fatigue, or Shortness of breath
- Have you returned from travel outside of Australia, in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has returned to Australia in the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone that is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
Although we will be using larger balloon baskets so that there is more room you will still be close to other passengers during your outdoor adventure.
We highly recommend that all passengers download the Australian Government COVID safe app before attending their flight.
Your risk of serious illness from COVID-19 increases if you are:
- aged 70 years or over
- aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years and over who has a chronic medical condition
- immune suppressed
We recommend that you postpone your flight if you fall in to any of these categories.
Balloon Aloft staff will not be able to provide assistance to passengers accessing and disembarking the basket so please consider postponing your flight if you feel you will need assistance in accessing or disembarking the basket.
Please contact us immediately by phoning 02 6249 8660 if you need to postpone your flight due to COVID-19 issues.