In line with current government restrictions and guidelines, we have made some changes to ensure that we are all COVID Safe. Please take a moment to read through the following details for your flight and please be sure you and all members of your flight party understand your obligations before arriving for your flight.
What we are doing to ensure your safety:
- All our team members have undertaken the COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- The ACT Government has advised that charter vessels including boats, tour buses, scenic flights and skydiving flights do not need to comply with the two square metre per person rule, consistent with other transport.
- We ask that when not in the balloon, you abide by the physical distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres.
- Balloon Aloft Canberra is undertaking regular cleaning of all touch points and equipment in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authorities.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available to you upon arrival as well as onboard our vehicles.
- We will provide masks which you are welcome to wear throughout you morning, should you so wish.
- Should you feel unwell in the days before your flight please call our office on 02 6249 8660 and speak with one of our team members about postponing your flight.
- Should you feel unwell on the morning of your flight, we ask that you please do not arrive for your flight. You MUST call or text our number to advise that you will not be able to arrive for your flight.
- You will receive your flight waiver link the afternoon prior to your flight. Each member of your flight party will need to follow this link and complete the check-in process prior to arriving for your flight. Please contact our office if you do not receive your link.
- We ask that all passengers adhere to all social distancing and hygiene safety guidelines throughout your morning with us.
- Masks will be made available for you
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to you to use throughout the morning, but please be aware that for safety reasons, hand sanitizer is not able to be carried onboard the balloon as due to its flammable nature it is classed as a dangerous good which are prohibited on Australian Aircraft.
We hope that you understand the need to these measures in the current COVID-19 environment. If you are not comfortable with any of these measures, we ask that you contact our Bookings Office immediately so that we can postpone your flight.
We appreciate your compliance with these measures and thank you for your understanding. For a copy of our COVID-19 Safety Plan please email [email protected]