With more than 35 years of experience conducting balloon flights over Canberra, “Balloon Aloft Canberra” are acknowledged as the leaders in commercial hot air ballooning. All Flights are conducted by CASA approved pilots. Your safety and enjoyment are our primary consideration at all times.
Canberra Balloon Spectacular
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 6 - 12 • Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Weekend Public Holiday Monday
- Adults Ages 13+
- Children Ages 6 - 12 • Children must be accompanied by an adult
2024 Canberra Balloon Spectacular 9 – 17 March
The Canberra Balloon Spectacular is an annual event where balloonists from across Australia (and in pre-COVID times across the world) gather to fly over our beautiful city. Each morning, weather dependant, balloons launch from the Parliamentary triangle – a truly spectacular site.
Passenger flights are approximately 45 minutes and conclude with a champagne celebration. Please allow 3-4 hours for the total tour time.
Balloon Aloft hosted the first Canberra Balloon Festival in 1996 and has been involved in event every Autumn since. It’s a fabulous community event where thousands of spectators can get close to the balloons on the launch fields or get fabulous views and photographs from around the lake and Arboretum. The event is free for spectators. Of course, the best view is from a balloon.
Flight paths vary every day, depending on wind.
Prices for a flight start at $345 per person for a weekday flight, or $395 per person for a weekend flight (includes Canberra Day, Monday ). Bookings are essential.
Fitness to Fly
Ballooning can involve some active participation and as such, a moderate level of fitness and wellbeing is required.
All members of your party will need to be fit & well with:
- No significant knee problems,
- No significant hip problems,
- No significant back or neck problems,
- No recent surgeries or broken bones,
- No other existing conditions that would preclude from following the Pilot’s instructions; Assuming the landing position with knees bent when instructed to do so, Absorbing a small bump when the balloon is landing or would prevent them from holding on to the safety handles when the balloon is landing,
- An ability to stand for one hour un-assisted,
- Do not weight more than 140kg individually and Children do not weigh more than 50kg individually,
- Are not Pregnant
If you have any concerns about your fitness to fly, please call 02 6249 8660 to discuss before proceeding with a booking.